Grafana is a popular tool for data visualization, which allows to display graphs and diagrams on convenient visual dashboards..
SAYMON integrates with Grafana through a special datasource-plugin that allows to display data on diagrams for specified metrics from specified SAYMON objects. Using the standard Grafana toolkit, data are visualized and on the base of them dashboards are built.
There is a sequence of steps for adding data of the metric from SAYMON to Grafana. All actions related to integration are implemented in Grafana.
- Log in to Grafana.
- From the main page of the workspace through the side menu, go to Configurations - Data Sources and add the data source by pressing the appropriate button.
- In the opened data source type window, select SAYMON.
- In the settings window specify:
- data source name;
- URL from which data will be collected;
- access mode how requests to the data source will be processed: server or browser;
- name of cookies files that should be forwarded to the data source;
- authentication type;
- basic authentication details: username and password used in SAYMON.
- Through the side menu, go to the dashboards management window (dashboards - manage) and start creating a new dashboard by pressing the appropriate button.
- Select a type of the dashboard display. For example, a graph.
- Call the context menu by clicking on the arrow next to the panel title and switch to edit mode.
- In the editing window, go to the Metrics tab and add the objects to which the user, under whose account is logged in, has access to SAYMON. Specify:
- objects name or ID;
- the metric to be displayed on the graph;
- customize the display of the path to the object.
- Configure the time period for which data are displayed on the graph, and the interval for updating them.