It is possible to connect to Zabbix servers and get information about monitoring hosts with several easy steps.
1. Check connection from the server of the system to Zabbix server
To check availability of Zabbix API please run the following command in the terminal of the system, replacing to your Zabbix installation file address :
and expect Zabbix to answer with a message like this:
2. Add a user to Zabbix
Add the user to Zabbix with the read access for the hosts you would like to import. These login and password are required to connect to Zabbix server on the 4th step.
3. Create an object for import
4. Enable import on the server of the system
Openserver configuration file and add the following block:
- url - file address of your Zabbix installation you checked on the 1st step, e.g. ;
- user - Zabbix user login you added on the 2nd step;
- password - Zabbix user password you added on the 2nd step;
- parent_id - id of the object you created on the 3rd step.
To add another one Zabbix installation you would like to import data from just add another one block with connection parameters as follows:
5. Apply settings
To apply connection settings you will need to restart the server:
Update interval of the data
By default, the data on the server is updated every 2 minutes.
To change the update interval, open the configuration file and add the parameter with the value of the update interval (in milliseconds) to it. For example:
To apply the settings, you will need to restart the server system.