The package contains 4 files:
- saymon-docker-compose-source.yml | YAML file with Saymon-cluster configuration;
- .env-source | file with environment variables for containers of Saymon-cluster. It contains the actual port numbers for the cluster components and some other information, which is needed for the nodes configuration;
- start-saymon-cluster.sh | BASH-script, which downloads docker-images, configures nodes and starts Saymon-cluster;
- README.md | a readme file with instructions.
The package is provided with the docker-cluster, which contains SAYMON and makes available to start SAYMON on a single host.
SAYMON-cluster consists of 10 containers:
- Saymon-server | core SAYMON platform's component;
- Saymon-client | web-based user interface for SAYMON platform;
- Saymon-agent | software monitoring agents for SAYMON platform;
- Saymon-extensions | extensions which provide additional functionality or custom UI to SAYMON installation;
- Redis | in-memory key–value database, using as a cache;
- MongoDB | document-oriented NoSQL database;
- OpenTSDB | distributed and scalable time series database;
- Kafka | distributed publish-subscribe messaging system;
- Mosquitto | message broker for MQTT;
- Zookeeper | service for maintaining configuration information.
- Docker version 20.10.0 or higher.
- Docker-compose version 1.27.0 or higher.
- Current user must be included into the groups sudo and docker.
Starting the system on a local host
In order to start the system it is necessary to:
- Unpack files from the package to the separate directory.
- Check variables in the .env-source file contain needed port numbers.
- Run the BASH-script start-saymon-cluster.sh.
- -h | show this instruction;
- -v | verbose mode: start saymon-cluster in foreground and show log on the screen (by default silent mode in background);
- -s | stop saymon-cluster in background.
- Checks hardware and software environments for requirements compliance.
- Copies the saymon-docker-compose-source.yml file to the saymon-docker-compose.yml and the .env-source file to the .env.
- Takes the current user's name as the suffix for the nodes names and makes proper substitutions in the saymon-docker-compose.yml" and the .env files "on fly".
- Downloads all the docker-images from the repository and starts the docker-compose cluster.
Known errors while starting and ways of solving
Default ports NN,NN,NN... are occupied
To solve this error:
- find these ports in the configuration file .env_source and mark them as a comment;
- uncomment proper alternative ports.
ERROR: Pool overlaps with other one on this address space
To solve this error:
- find in the configuration file .env_source environment variable SAYMON_NETWORK_RANGE and mark it as a comment.
- uncomment proper alternative network range.