Each object belongs to one of the classes. Classes help to simplify visual representation of information and define the monitoring logic.
In the Standard view a class of an object is displayed in its bottom right corner as a pictogram corresponding to the class:
In the Grid view a class of an object is displayed as an icon before the name of the object:
In the Table view a class of an object is displayed as an icon before the name of the object:
An object class affects to:
- appearance of the object;
- default logic of states changing (state change conditions can be set for each class separately);
- default logic of alarm generation (alarm generation conditions can be set for each class separately);
- set operations by default (operations can be set for each class separately);
- a set of graphs to display;
- a list of available monitoring settings;
- availability of predefined monitoring settings.
For example, objects of the PROCESS BY NAME probe type in monitoring options, while for objects of the class probe types are not available at all because they are predefined.class have got only the
Object class is used in search and bulk operations. All of the object from particular class can be quickly found, and new settings can be applied to them.
Administering of object classes takes place in the section Object classes of the system configuration window.